Advanced Open Water Course
The PADI Advanced Open Water course is designed to advance your diving. Its perfect for people who have just passed their Open Water and want to improve their abilities while learning new diving skills.
Your Basic Advanced Open Water course will be made up of three parts:
- Knowledge Development using PADI eLearning (Manual available upon request) which is done at home at your own pace.
- A classroom session to prepare you for your open water dives.
- Five open water dives, two of which will be your deep dive and your navigation dive. We dive in the sea when possible, but if the weather turns we will have excellent diving at Ellerton Lake or Capernwray Quarry.
- Basic Advanced Open Water Course (£265) – This level is your basic Advanced course, which covers everything required to complete the course. At this level your deep dive will be done at Capernwray Quarry. Your five dives will be done over two days.
- Advanced Boat Diver Course (£365) – At this level, you’ll have the chance to do a boat dive and come on our evening or weekend boat sessions. This is a great way to extend your skills and see some of the wrecks and sea life the North Sea has to offer. You’ll complete 6 dives over three days, which will include a Delayed Surface Marker Buoy Speciality (Click here for more information).
- Tailormade Advanced Open Water Course (From £450) – At this level, your course can be tailor made to fit around your requirements and your schedule.
Included in the cost of your course is:
- Full access to PADI eLearning resources or a manual.
- Full kit hire for everything you’ll need minus a mask and snorkel (available in store or to hire for additional fee) for the duration of your course.
- Maximum of 4 students in a group.
- One pool and one classroom session to prepare you for your dives.
- 5 open water dives, done over 2 days or 6 dives done over 3 days if you purchase the Advanced Boat Diver Course.
- Be at least 12 years of age.
- Be a qualified PADI Open Water diver, or equivalent from an approved training body.
- Be able to swim and in good physical health.
- Accompanied to dive sites by a parent or guardian if under the age of 16.
- Complete a Medical Statement. (Click here to download) If you need to answer ‘yes’ to any question medical clearance will be needed from your GP prior to diving.
- Agree to our terms and conditions. (Click here)
The next step is the PADI Rescue Diver Course. This is aimed at anyone who wants to take the next step in their diving journey and is interested in learning underwater survival and rescue skills. (Click here for more information)