Interested in taking your diving journey to the next level? The Divemaster course is designed just for that, and is the first step on the PADI Professional ladder. This course is designed to prepare you to take responsibility for students and to improve your diving and teaching skills.
The course consists of three components:
- Classroom and theory: This involves a combination of PADI eLearning and a classroom sessions to explore the key topics in more depth.
- Confined water: Your confined water sessions take place in our local pool facilities, and are about developing your divemaster skills through a series of workshops and assessments. If you choose to complete a Divemaster Internship with us, you’ll be taking a leading role in helping us to train our students in the pool. You will also need to complete various Water Skills Assessments.
- Open Water: You’ll be joining us for a number of open water dives, during which you’ll be completing a range of tasks and assessments covering the roles and responsibilities of a Divemaster. These include leading dives, navigation, rescue scenarios, search & recovery and a mapping project, among others.
- Divemaster Internship (£475) - The Divemaster internship is a great choice for people who want more hands-on experience with students and want to do as much diving as possible. As a DM intern, you’ll be a part of the Aquanorth team, and you’ll be invited to join us on all of our evening and weekend training (and recreational!) dives. As a DM intern, you’re a valued member of the team, and you’ll be taking a leading role in student training, alongside our instructors.
- Tailormade Divemaster Course (From £650) - The tailormade DM Course is perfect for people who are on a time limit, or have limited availability. With this option, your classroom sessions, pool sessions and open water dives can be fitted around your schedule.
Included in the cost of your course is:
- Full access to knowledge development resources.
- As many pool and open water sessions as it takes to complete your course.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have at least 40 logged dives.
- Be qualified to at least Rescue Diver level or equivalent from another recognised training organisation.
- Be able to swim.
- Be in good physical health
- Complete a Medical Statement. (Click here to download) Signed by your GP
- An in date EFR or 1st Aid qualification.
- Agree to our terms and conditions. (Click here)
The next step on your pro journey is to enrol in an Instructor Development Course.